Cetilistat happens to be an effective pancreatic lipase inhibitor and it works by inhibiting pancreatic lipase that is an enzyme that breaks down triglycerides in the users’ intestine. In the absence of this enzyme, triglycerides do not become hydrolyzed into some absorbable fatty acids. And due to this, it gets excreted undigested. Commonly, it is used for treating obesity and patients who have a BMI equal to or greater than 25.
Some useful advice for Cetilistat
- Cetilistat is useful for aiding in weight loss in overweight and obese people.
- You should take this medication along with a healthy diet and regular physical exercise.
- A person should take Cetilistat powder during or up to one hour after eating your meals.
- You should accompany this medication with a multivitamin supplement comprising Vitamins D, K, and A.
- If your meal does not contain fat or if you accidentally miss a meal, then you must skip the dosage of this medicine.
- You must continue to take this medication for only six months. And if you fail to shed weight after taking it for 12 weeks, then you must not take it any longer and also consult your physician.
How does Orlistat work?
Xenical does block the actions of pancreatic lipase and lessens triglyceride digestion, and so, it leads to absorption. The effectiveness of this medication for creating weight loss isn’t dependent on system absorption. This drug might lessen the absorption of a few fat-soluble vitamins, like A, D, K, and E besides beta-carotene.
The suggested dosage of Xenical is a 120 mg capsule that should be taken thrice daily and each meal should contain fat. When people take this medication they should take a reduced-calorie and nutritionally balanced diet that comprises nearly 30 percent of calories from fat. Again, the regular intake of carbohydrate, protein, and fat must be distributed over 3 chief meals. When a meal does not contain fat or if the user occasionally misses a meal, then he should not take Xenical too.
Xenical has been proved to lessen the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins as well as betacarotene. Again, patients must be counseled for taking a multivitamin that comprises fat-soluble vitamins so that it ensures proper nutrition.
Vital points to keep in mind
You should take Xenical, also known as Orlistat nearly a couple of hours before or after you administer this medicine, like at bedtime. If you are getting both cyclosporine therapy and Xenical, then you should administer cyclosporine nearly three hours after taking Xenical.